Also, as an aside, if the manual transmissions are suddenly selling to
people who want to convert their automatics, I'd say you don't even have to
keep the car stock. You say it is too nice to part out, well, maybe convert
it to automatic, make sure it has a good serviceable engine, and then sell
it *and* the manual parts and come out well ahead. That's all probably
easier said than done, though, even for someone who works on old Mercedes
all the time.

Hell, get it running really well and put it up on BaT-crap insane and get
(blast now I can't remember who sold their car on there recently sorry) but
get the guy that paid several thou for a 123 down to buy her. Be great fun
for the entire family, or something.