Here waiting for something to happen.....

Benz content:

Went to St. Louis yesterday with my brother in his "new" C240 -- and had a tire
come apart about 8 miles outside Mt. Vernon, Ill.  Put the "doughnut" spare on
(low on pressure, of course) and crept into town.  First exit looks promising
for a tire store, but we stopped into the Buick/Toyota dealer on the corner at
the end of the ramp for suggestions, and they had two similar Michelin's in
stock.  So we had them put  two new rear tires on the car, took less than an
hour total at a pretty reasonable price.

Worked out pretty well, eh?

Front tires next week, we suspect they are quite old, not many miles on the car
when my brother got it, so they could be more than 5 years old.  Tread is OK
but worn, so it's not a big deal, but he want's good tread on for his wife to
drive this winter.

Travel is always an adventure, eh?

Peter