My favorite thing about my Jetta is the 12 gallon fuel tank and 50mpg, I love
hearing the pump stop.
I was at the gas station one time, big diesel pickup across from me when I
pulled up. When I put the nozzle back he cried out "Ain't you gonna put any
in?" I said "Well I would but this will hold me for 500 miles..." We shared a
laugh.

-Curt

    On Sunday, October 29, 2017, 12:20:14 PM EDT, Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> If you don't like the 190D perhaps you should sell it.

It is to be the boy's first car.  Stickshift.  Not particularly valuable
but reasonably safe.  And we already own it.  He just turned 16.  He's
reasonably interested in its fuel economy, as we've had him filling the
other cars at the gas station as practice.  He was pretty shocked to
'discover' that it's pretty much $50 a pop these days, and they happen
fairly often---especially on the wife's X5, which is now on its second
engine, the first one apparently having been worn out due to IMHO the
excessive driving.  He's becoming aware of how long it takes to earn $50
down at his stratum.

-- Jim