So when you turn the knob in the newer radios and the volume bounces up and down with each click or even when you turn the knob really fast, is it always the encoder that is bad or could it also be just the little switch that sends the pulses?

MG

Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Like one of these:

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/sensors-transducers/encoders/507
<https://www.digikey.com/products/en/sensors-transducers/encoders/507>

-D

On Nov 4, 2017, at 5:38 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes