The 600s has SLS. However, without looking at it I'm betting the top strut
mount failed.  If the rubber gets so bad on one of these that it fails, the top
of the strut can literally punch through the hood. There are retainers that are
supposed to prevent this, but if they're out of place or missing there is
nothing to keep the strut from punching a hole in the hood.

-D