Sounds like a good plan if you got the new place cheepcheep, you can afford to put some dinero in the upgrades.

Put quad outlets like every 3 feet when you redo the wiring, and tons of 20A circuits, with all the gadgets these days you can't have too many outlets close by.

DOES THIS PLACE HAVE A BIG GARAGE?

--FT

On 11/16/17 9:43 AM, Donald Snook via Mercedes wrote:
Not high.  My client is a real estate developer who has remodeled dozens of
houses.  In fact, he restored/remodeled the building where he has his office
and where the firm offices.  He is a great client and we have saved him a ton
of money.  He has already sent introductory emails to mortgage brokers,
contractors, interior designers, etc.  All of them replied almost immediately
to the emails.  They want to keep his business so they have been very
responsive to my emails.  Most of the work will be done by professionals.  We
will probably do minor painting.  I'm not even thinking of touching the
electrical or plumbing.  We are meeting with the kitchen designer today.  My
friend got a quote for kitchen cabinets for $14,000.  She contacted her folks
and got it for $2000.

Don Snook

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Knoble [mailto:rickkno...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:28 AM
To: Donald Snook via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: New/Old Home Purchase

1. Are you high?
‎2. Contracting the work out (mostly)?
3. ‎Are you doing the work yourself?

If ‎number one, get into rehab (not a rehab house) quick!

If number two, get a premium membership from Angie's List. Make friends at the
local hardware store/lumber yard to find the best contractors, not the
cheapest. ‎Being a general contractor is a job. I am sure you are up to the
task, but you may be hard pressed to find time in your day to get things done.

If number three, God help you. You are taking on another full time job. Full.
Time. Job. If you are going to attempt to live in the house while it is being
rehabbed, forget it. It will never be done.

Involve your son, and step daughter (and wife) as much as possible. Yes, it
will double or triple the time  ‎to complete anything. Oh well. The family that
works together, stays together. It will be a learning experience for everyone,
and great family time. I can see Henry and you painting each other, whilst
painting the walls. Memories to last a lifetime.

Good luck,

Rick