> On November 18, 2017 at 5:26 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> I didn't hear or see one at camp this year. Two years ago I saw one but
> couldn't get a shot at it. I've seen sign in the park near home but they keep
> to themselves, still it's part of the justification I'm using for my
> concealed carry permit.

Yotes yipping in the distance aren't scary when you're around the house, but
when the 11 o'clock news tells you it's going to frost and you're out in the
dark trying to cover the peppers and tomatoes and you hear something sizeable
moving nearby...(I hope it was a deer, I fear it was Wile E's cousin).

I used to carry a handgun while walking the Terrier Rat at night. Phoebe
Pointer is about as big as the monster yotes we sometimes see around here and
almost as fast, so I don't worry as much about her. I did freak out last week
when she ran behind the house at 30mph and started screaming, but that turned
out to just be a broken and bleeding foot. I still have no idea what she kicked
that would break her toe and draw blood, unless she hit the fencepost at the
edge of the property. It's amazing how fast a dog heals. Monday night she broke
her toe, the next Monday morning she started walking on four legs. Yesterday
she started running on all four. Now I have to stop her from trying to run full
speed.

Mitch.