Hah! I got to go down the runway sideways on one during a landing. That was fun!

Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
I got to fly back from Entebbe, Uganda to London on one. British Airways. It was a full house. Very snug. I wanted to see the upper deck, but no dice.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 22, 2017 at 1:56 PM
I’ve flown on most, if not all, of the variants. -200, -300, -400. As you might expect, the -400s were the nicest. Got to make the trip across the Pond to the UK in the bunk room on the top deck one time because my business class seat back broke. Upper deck was full and I wasn’t about to go sit with the common folk downstairs. The cabin crew asked if I could sit in the crew bunk room since it wasn’t occupied (trans-Atlantic flight, only one crew) and they said, “Sure!”

That was nice. Like having a private, albeit very small, suite.

They are big honking aircraft, that’s for sure. You should stand on the tarmac under one some time to get an idea of their incredible size.

-D