Due to the age of my house (coming up in 20 years) a lot of major systems are
getting to the point of requiring replacement. Just did the AC in March of this
year, probably going to need to do the roof in another 2-3 years. We replaced
all the major appliances when we moved in roughly six years ago.

When the home warranty people looked at our house they saw all of this, and
quoted us accordingly.  If my memory serves me correctly they were wanting
nearly $200/month six years ago. Do the math, we would have lost money big time.

This is nothing more than a form of insurance. They’re betting you won’t need
it, you’re betting you will.

In this case, we came out ahead significantly.

-D