Not sure who, maybe Jim C, but someone suggested brazing a washer onto the key. I also believe that Wilton once posted a photo of a nice one he made up with a walnut end on the key in place of the rubber part. My own experience is that the rubber ones do not last all that long so I have given up on them. I have one old key with a hard plastic end that I have been using and 2 newer keys that lack the rubber part, for which I need to make the walnut part like Wilton did.

RB