Gently heat the rubber key holder to make it flexible and hopefully just a
micrometer larger. Stick key in freezer to hopefully make it a micrometer
smaller. Well, ok, stick the key in the freezer the night before, but
still. Then slowly work it into the seat.

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Larry Turner via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>     The rubber key holder thingamajig on my 300D vehicles key had finally
> broken.  I had a new one but when I tried to install it the rubber split.
> Seems to be a pretty tight fit,
>
>     Any suggestions for installing the rubber holder?   I'd rather not
> break any more...
>
> Thanks!
> LarryT
> 300D

"Das beste oder nichts." - *Gottlieb Daimler*