Hey John,
The rat is a piece of cake......Now when a cat get's in the fan shroud of a 77 Chevy Malibu to keep warm and noone knows he is in thereand you just fire it up a 305ci V8 with NO clutch fan makes one hell of a cat blending machine. Oh what a fine mess to clean up.........

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "John M McIntosh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:30 PM
Subject: [MBZ] cooked rat

Rummaging about today, cleaning windshields, filling washer bottle,
swapping broken becker radio for  unbroken becker radio, changing
seat switch in w124, peering about,looking at 500SEL, mm what is that
a leak? mmm maybe seepage from driver side valve cover? What is that???

Mmm that is a dead rat the size of two fists bunched upside down
behind alternator pulley on top of alternator. Oh joy...

Fine, get some work gloves on, grab some pliers, reach down, pull up
chunk of fur and skin. Oh even better he has been there awhile, it's
fully cooked, not
only that he's turned into parchment and power...   Poke a bit more,
yes well he won't come out in one piece.  Think... Grab wife's vacuum
cleaner (shhh don't tell). A bit of work and said rat is now in
vacuum bag in trash can. I wonder how long he has been there...
Months I'd think.  Sigh remove all the engine plastic
cover panels, nope he didn't chew anything or build a nest, likely
whacked by the fan at startup, guess it could have been worst if he
had got caught by the unibelt and torn to pieces in front of the
engine...

Oh and for the other fun yesterday coming back from up island we are
coming down a long hill, and start smelling burning brakes, come
around the sweeping corner and there is a 100+ton monster crane
smoking (literally) along, then as we approach it I'll suspect he has
finally overreved the poor engine and it explodes in front of us with
a shower of parts and blue smoke. Fortunately it was a four lane
highway and we're passing on the left as the engine parts fly off to
the right into the ditch.

John
1983 300TDt  371k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990 300TDt  161k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 171k Kilometers (mobil 1 0w40)