The snowmobile club gets paid to groom by the state, that's essentially our
whole business. We get that money once a week only, miss a week and the money
is gone. The ASV is our smallest big groomer, it's 6 feet wide, and is
notoriously hard to start. I've pondered the issue for two years with no chance
to try any of my ideas.Well today the new ASV driver decided it's too cold, he
doesn't want to kill his new batteries failing to start it. I had the day off
and one of the other operators asked me to go check it out. Step one was to
make sure the block heater works, my ir thermometer proved that. Step two was
to install batteries, dual grp 49s. I spent as much time cleaning terminals as
I did installing batteries.Step three was to try it and here's where Mr Cathey
came in. I stuck my Harbor Freight heat gun in the air intake and cranked.
After a few seconds it fired up. I don't know how to work the glow plugs work
so I think this was mostly without them, guess I better learn... ;)
Anyway, thanks to Jim for figuring out the heat gun trick and making me look
smarter than I am!

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android