I posted the POS W220 on SL as a car again, and got heavy interest.  Nobody
showed up.  I went to give it a once over this morning, but the one year old
battery is dead.  I put it on the charger.

The SDL with weird light issue is still unresolved, but I may pull the cluster
to see if maybe the bulbs are in a wrong place.  The SD has the holes numbered,
as are the wires.  It too has this red light trouble upon occasion.   Same
location, and the bulbs and wires are where they belong.

I went to the PnP yesterday to scavenge the W123 that was just placed.  I was
looking for a maybe Kilma, but someone else got all the interesting relay.  I
thought maybe I could need the IP and Injectors, or the turbo.  Instead I
pulled the VDO CC, some of the vac tubes that run to the critter on top of the
valve cover (I grabbed that as well), and the thing that might be the glow
relay.  #2 boy has a y2k jeep that may have bollixed stereo, so I grabbed an
upgraded on with CD player for him.

The stuff from the 300D was nasty with all manner of schmutz.  Looks like
nobody took any care of the under hood area it was so encrusted with black tar.
  I have to clean the haul up before I bring it into the house.  At least the
vac hoses give me a clue as to how the SD is supposed to be wired up.  I have
been searching for the brown hose connected to the shut off valve, but all I
found was a clear hose.  Seeing how it mounted in the w123, allowed me to see
the connection on the SD.  Different connections, and some PO had done splice
and dice which obscured things.  Brown hose was near the fuse box.

Connections on the SD looked good and seemed to be sort of the same as the D
layout.  Cold start is just fine on the SD, but warm start is still not good.
It really feels like a fuel issue, so I will check the main fuel filter.
Planned to change it with the oil change this weekend.

Not sure I mentioned this before, but #2 son was being transported to SEA for
his flight to ANC.  He put his stuff in the trunk then see that the antenna is
up and might be in the way of the boot closing, so he sweeps it out of the way,
bending the crap out of it.    This is the OLD style with the big posts, not
the newer sort.  Anybody know if Becker has a repair option for this?

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers