Here's what Wiki say about AGM's FWIW:

"AGM & Gel VRLA batteries:
    Have shorter recharge time than flooded lead-acid.
    Cannot tolerate overcharging: overcharging leads to premature failure.
    Have shorter useful life, compared to properly maintained wet-cell battery.
    Discharge significantly less hydrogen gas.
    AGM batteries are by nature, safer for the environment, and safer to use.
    Can be used or positioned in any orientation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRLA_battery#Applications

Gerry

"Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> That’s backward from what I have always heard. I thought they were more
> durable.

> > I use an AGM in my Prius, but I would never use one in my diesel cars since
> > the AGMs are more easily damaged. For example, if you leave something on
> > and run the AGM down, you can't charge at more than 4 amps without
> > shortening its life.
> > Also, I vaguely recall someone on the Prius website complaining that the
> > AGM in his Prius only lasted 3 years. YMMV. Hopefully someone on he group
> > has had experience with AGMs in diesels.
> > Gerry

---
http://www.avg.com