> > > Bob wrote:
> > >  IS an AGM battery worth it??
> >
> > I don't know.  Lots of people say good things about them.  But if
> > it is twice the price, I should get twice the life.  I'm not sure
> > it adds up.
>
> Ever have a car rust out near the battery tray?
> That adds up in a hurry, and it's what a sealed battery is supposed to
> prevent.
> Mitch.
> _______________________________________
All of my recent group 49 batteries have vent tubes. I've never had a problem
with rusted trays. The AGM batteries have vent tubes too.
About 2 months ago I bought an AGM from Advance Auto which was made in Korea
and cost about $180. I didn't bother with the discount since I was in a hurry.
We'll see how it holds up.

By coincidence there is a battery discussion going on at PTS (Prius Technical
Stuff). Here is one members experience with AGM batteries:

"I bought a battery from the Toyota dealership 2 years ago for almost $300
> . It died and I am told it is a 12 month 12,000 mile battery."

prius_technical_st...@yahoogroups.com

Gerry

---
http://www.avg.com