There were POW camps on Lake of the Woods south of Kenora during the war too. I am told that they even gave the prisoners guns and let them go hunting. No worries I guess as these guys had it made in the shade. No way they wanted to escape and go back to the war. They spent the rest of the war being treated pretty well. There was, until only a few years ago, one of the former prisoners who owned a cottage in the area and came back every summer from Germany.

RB