these survived the 20s with no problem. mid 20s is common in the winter. Below 20 is unusual.

Max Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 26, 2018 at 6:53 AM
Usually it happens in the twenties.

After the last frost in the spring, I wait until April here, cut off all the fronds and that seems to wake up the palm and inspire it to grow a bunch of new fronds from the top. Happens very quickly.
Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
January 25, 2018 at 10:53 PM
Last week it got down to the 17-19ºF range. I see the sego palm is somewhat frost bitten. One of the neighbor's is completely brown. I have never seen this before.

How cold did it get there when your palms were frost bitten?