On 02/02/2018 10:26 AM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
I'm dying to grill a steak outside but a cold front came through this
morning so that's a no-go.  I hate to broil it in the oven but I may just
have to do that.

The weather is much warmer where you are than it is here in Winnipeg.
I would think nothing of grilling a steak here so you should be able to do it there. If your BBQ is propane, it will take longer to heat up and may not get as hot. You might want to warm up the propane tank ahead of time. if you are a purist, using charcoal, it should make no difference if it is cold out.

RB