HA!We're going out tomorrow to run the Pisten Bully over the ice thats gotten
on the trail in order to, hopefully, smash it up so we might be able to groom
next week if it snows a bunch more. When we had out January thaw they had to
close Birch Hill dam which got up to 19' of water and flooded much of the park
we groom. All the low lying trails have 4-6" of ice settled on them. We can't
just groom over top because the pressure ridges will break through and be
dangerous. The Pisten Bully weighs some ungodly amount (20,000# or something)
and has big metal cleats so hopefully it'll grind up the big chunks of ice
enough that they aren't a problem.I don't dare take the ASV out, its got all
rubber tracks and it'll get stuck. Theres also one section where I'm pretty
sure it'll end up sliding sideways into the river which is a truely frightening
prospect.

Traditionally if I host my own birthday party it'll snow a bunch. Next week I'm
hosting my own birthday party and indeed snow is predicted which would normally
spoil the party but I've out foxed old man winter because I'm going to be in
California.
I shudder to think what horror is going to befall Southern California next week.
-Curt

    On Friday, February 2, 2018, 2:15:50 PM EST, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes