SWMBO has a really nice cast iron pan, pretty much follows those
directions.  Nice to have a vent hood with outside discharge.  I clean the
pan with rock salt scrub when done, re-oil it and bag it and back on the
shelf for next time.

Couple days ago she made some nice lamb that way, VERY tasty.

Max
Charleston SC