It has been out of the car, sitting on a shelf. Plugs in. I just pulled the plugs and all look OK. The pistons near TDC are 4 and 7 (Rt bank back is 4) Left bank next to back is 7) when the engine stops turning. From what I can see shining a light in the holes, all are dry with normal combustion residue.

I think the cylinders are ok.

Probably next is to pull the valve covers and start checking timing chain and its guides.

Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 2, 2018 at 4:45 PM

Have you heard it run or is this an engine in a derelict car that has not run in a long while? Are the spark plugs in it? Could a cylinder be full of coolant and causing a hydraulic lock?

RB