The victim is a Grand Prix 754.  PnP find from last year, installed, decoded
and playing for seven months.  A few months ago, change of seasons…. the
speakers would just screech, blocking any good sounds.  It would come and go,
but seemed most coincident with cool damp days.  Would squeal for a day, then
make good radio noises for a week or more.  Now the banshees have taken up
house.

I pulled the becker out and checked to see if it was speakers or wires.  Pulled
the plugs out and no noise.  Put them back, it is noise.  Move it around and
still bleats.  I swapped out other speakers, still plugged into car power,
still makes the shrill retort.    Maybe the trouble is from the battery.  Bench
test using test leads and speakers, and no better.

I guess it wants to visit NJ.  I would rather find a good one from PnP.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers