We piled up 3000 pounds of sand bags per the previous discussion- works
great. SWMBO and I went for a walk down our half-mile road while son was
shooting his .30-06. You could hear the rifle VERY well at a half mile
away, and hear the echoes from the neighboring ridges and additions - I bet
they loved it!

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I need to build a shooting berm here. Wonder if I can do it with my
> tractor.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Feb 4, 2018, at 8:19 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > We live in what is known as the “unincorporated county”, which gives you
> many nice opportunities to conduct yourself in a manner typically reserved
> for the agricultural crowd.  That means if you have a parcel of property
> large enough (I don’t recall the exact dimensions, but it’s under 10 acres
> IIRC) you may discharge firearms at will between the hours of 9:00 am and
> 9:00 pm as long as you’re not closer to the property line than like 100
> feet.
> >
> > If the youngest child is successful in his desire to acquire raw land
> around here, one of the first things that will go up will be a berm for
> shooting against.  I will gladly fund that expense.
> >
> > After that will be a large steel building for my shop.  With a lift.
> >
> > -D
> >

> >> On Feb 4, 2018, at 9:13 AM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I went to visit with a friend yesterday who lived next to this school
> where they have a farmers/flea market on Saturday mornings. Went and got
> some knives sharpened and bought some fresh pasta. Anyway, back in the
> woods behind the school is a range where they shoot clays and they were
> going at it big time yesterday morning. If I had a launcher I suppose I
> could do that here on the vast estate too. Last weekend the daughter unit
> was visiting so we shot the LC9S for awhile out back. She enjoyed that.
> >>
> >> --R
> >> Sent from iPhone

> both my new SA 1911 and the SKS.  Looked at the schedule for the range to
> see that there is an NCSA (sporting clays) competition this morning.  That
> means the pistol range is closed.

> distracting.

OK Don

for themselves."