Talked to the owner again today.  Resolved a few minor questions.

Headlight wipers are in the trunk.  They got taken off for cleaning some time
ago and didn’t get reinstalled.

For the parts I need, like window regulator, hood pad, etc., I’ve yet to find
anything that’s more than about $50.  Amazing how cheap some of the parts are
for this car.  Third brake light assembly completely shattered when they tried
removing it to replace the bulb.  Yeah, I’ve seen that happen more times than I
like.  A new one is like $125, probably the most expensive part on the car.
And they’re only available in a couple of colors, so it will probably have to
be painted.  Heck, a new interior rear view mirror is only $54.00 from
Mercedes. Dang.

-D