I'm guessing that strap is to keep the air cleaner from vibrating so much given the mounting bracket is likely broken.

I am tempted to go offer the guy $200 if he makes sure the radio stays in it.  I should find out where it is and go look at it anyway since it is close by.  Funny I don't think I have ever seen it around.

--R