I remember this well from my 350SDL, and I recall your sharing your experiences
about it with me - thank you.

His is barely even chirping right now, but fortunately he mentioned it to me.
I loosened the belt on Saturday and checked everything, and there was minimal
slop in both the lever and idler pulley.  I have given oldest son the “list ‘o’
parts” to procure and once he has them we’ll take care of it.

-D