Another fix for something that isn’t broken.

If you use a genuine MB monovalve insert, they work just find.  In fact,
the climate control works exceptionally well when repaired correctly.  That
is, it requires no adjustment at all by the user.

I haven’t touched mine in weeks or months, except for pressing defrost a
few times.

It’s a shame these kits are installed when the effort would be better
spendt on just making it work as designed.  The cars have run for 30-40
years with the original design, why change it now?

Jaime

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:17 AM Meade Dillon via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> http://www.klimakit.com/product/monovalve-and-coolant-circulator-pump-eliminator-upgrade-kit/
>
> Anyone care to get this $100 kit and test it for us?
>
> I wonder how the vacuum controlled valve works (does it also have a rubber
> diaphragm inside that will eventually fail).
>
> --
Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/