You forgot to mention in the teeth/face of people riding motorcycles. They sting like hail. when you smack them at 70-80.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 14, 2018 at 10:44 AM
He offered it and I’ll take it. Whether or not I’ll put it on the car is yet to be determined. Understand that there are parts of the year down here where we’re inundated with “love bugs” that literally cover the front of your car to the point where their remains can damage the paint if left in place for a while. I would probably use it at that time as a protective measure, but otherwise leave it off.

"This species' reputation as a public nuisance is due not to any bite or sting (it is incapable of either), but to its slightly acidic body chemistry. Because airborne lovebugs can exist in enormous numbers near highways, they die in large numbers on automobile windshields, hoods, and radiator grills when the vehicles travel at high speeds. If left for more than an hour or two, the remains become extremely difficult to remove. Their body chemistry has a nearly neutral 6.5 pH but may become acidic at 4.25 pH if left on the car for a day. In the past, the acidity of the dead adult body, especially the female's egg masses, often resulted in pits and etches in automotive paint and chrome if not quickly removed. However, advances in automotive paints and protective coatings have reduced this threat significantly. Now the greatest concern is excessive clogging of vehicle radiator air passages by the bodies of the adults, with a reduction of the cooling effect on engines, and the obstruction of windshields when the remains of the adults and egg masses are smeared on the glass.

Lovebug adults are attracted to light-colored surfaces, especially if they are freshly painted, but adults congregate almost anywhere, apparently reacting to the effects of sunlight on automobile fumes, asphalt, and other products affected by environmental factors still not completely understood."

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

-D