To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:40 PM
Subject: [MBZ] seat repair

I checked with World Upholstery and they want $235 for a horsehair pad to put into the front seat bottom on my 115. I know I saw on here somewhere about repadding the seats with foam etc. Who has done this and how well did it work out? Am I better off to have a local upholstery shop make me something out of dense foam or to try to do it myself. Shaping the foam would be the hard part I guess - after finding something suitable. I just wonder if something more modern than the horsehair pad would be as good or better at a lower cost. I'd have to look more closely but I don't think the passenger side is really in need yet so I could get away with just doing the driver's side. I had thought about doing both until I got the quote. I'm frugal (and poor) so that isn't to my liking. Two of them would be $470 plus shipping of probably $25 or more plus taxes of 14% (on the value converted to Cdn $).

Randy B