Bought new by my parents in 1971 at Helms Brothers dealership in NY. They
picked it up in Germany via European delivery and drove it to Greece where they
were living. The car is a US spec model- probably the only 220/8 in Greece with
US specs. Ironically, it’s never been in the US but has been driven throughout
Europe. We keep it in Greece for when we visit. The car was driven on a daily
basis by my father from 1971-1986. In 1986 it received a complete repaint with
the exception of the roof. The car is and always has been completely rust free
and has 128,000 original miles. It is in pristine condition- not a show car but
a very high quality driver. I was last in Greece in 2008 for 3 months. I worked
on the cosmetics of that car almost every day- mostly detailing. It has
remained under cover in a dry garage ever since.

Sent from my iPhone