I bought the pad from FCP Euro. Every pad I’ve ever purchased regardless of
supplier was designed to fit out of the box. I don’t ever recall having to trim
a hood pad.

As for glue removal, you just have to scrape until nothing comes off.  Wipe it
down with adhesive remover or a solvent that will remove any remaining gunk or
grease/oil.

-D