I've had good luck with http:// voip.net. Just US$19.95 per month with all the bells and whistles, including free long distance in North American.

If you're Canadian, I recommend you stay away from http://primus.ca. Their parent company is http://www.primustel.com/ Never experienced such bad customer service before. Couldn't get anybody to respond in a timely or effective manner to my emails or phone calls when their service went down.

Be aware that some ISP's are charging a premium when they find you're using a competitor voip system on their broadband.

Martin