But the trains are run by computers already.  The big board know and controls
all.  The guy in the engine is watching things, and trying to intercede if
things go tragically wrong.  The Empire Builder train  (skAmtrak) had a
repeating failure when it pulls into Spokane around Midnight.  The train is
split, with the scenic cars going to PDX.  SEA is the front of the old train.
When the cars split, the onboard computer craps itself and refuses to reboot,
sometimes for hours on end.

Imagine what happens when your car poots a sprocket while zipping along the
highway.  At least you only have two tons of death barreling down the road.
That train, if it poops, will not stop for a great long distance.  No matter if
it is just some drunk homeless guy, a kid on a bike, or a car on the tracks.

At least airplanes are not run by comput…….

Uh, never mind

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers