State of Texas passed a law that has teachers who volunteer for the task go
through 80 hours of Law Enforcement Officer training and upon completion,
they are made Marshals with full LEO powers of arrest. It is the same
course and training qualifications that all LEO officers must pass.

As Marshals, they carry concealed weapons while on duty as teachers,
without anyone at the school knowing who is armed, and who is not a Marshal.

As certified LEO, they bypass the "School gun free zone" federal law, which
was Joe Biden's pet project, and IMHO, should be named "Unarmed Victim
Zone, shoot anyone you want".

My considered personal opinion is that Texas has found a well thought out
solution that affords a higher degree of protection for our children while
in school.