Roger,
How cold? Below zero F a 61x engine gets iffy where a 60x has no problem. At
-20F I've never had a 61x start unassisted although others have reported it can
be done. I've never seen a 60x not start when cold except when my last 190D had
water in the fuel. It started after a couple hours with a 100W light bulb next
to the fuel filter...

CurtIt's a big country, cold is relative.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:46 AM, ROGER HALE via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Curt, my 83 300D starts great in cold
weather.  Now the 80 300SD is a little more picky, but then it has more miles
and is older.  I read an MB technical article somewhere about the SD 617
getting a few more HP because of the weight/size by making a slight head change
that allows in a little more fuel and air to each cylinder.

And Kaleb, my 80SD has always been in the South, so only has one dime sized
rust spot.  If you wash them underneath often and keep the drains clean, they
don't tend to rust.

Best Wishes,

Roger

Roger Hale