*What is the recovery on investment for $400 million? *

Must be profitable or they wouldn't bother.

*What price per KW does the electricity have to sell at in order to
accommodate days [or weeks] when wind is not sufficient to turn such large
blades?*

Not a problem, apparently.  Offshore winds are a lot more reliable than
onshore.  Fossil fuel plants also have their down times, btw.

*And, finally, how much of the $400 million investment is matching funds
from government?  In my view, an excellent opportunity to "blow away $400
million dollars".*

I have no idea.  Over time, these will save money if they are durable and
the winds continue to blow.  You should also be happy at the avoidance
of GHG gas emissions, although it's a long way from your baking desert home
to the North Sea.