When I was in high school a buddy of mine's dad bought him a cab for $500 at  some sort of Cause auction.  It had an Earl Scheib respray in baby blue, it looked quite nice, and it was in good shape.  He could fit 10 or 12 kids in it, guys on the various seats and jump seats, girls on the guys' laps (hey now!!!), he would give us all rides home after school or to events or whatever.  The back seat area was like the size of a small apartment.  It got passed on to his sister after he went to kawledge, she drove it for a coupla years until she went off to calledge.  Then dad bought a Celica GT, I think it was the first year for them, for the kids to drive when they came home holidays and summers.  The dealer guy told the dad it was a sporty car to be driven sportily, so my buddy thrashed the hell out of that thing, and it seemed to take it well.

But this is what caught my eye https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-mercedes-benz-unimog-404-2/

--FT