This $500 E300 I have was running like that, flaky shifting though the engine
seemed to have power. Throwing codes for EGR and glow plugs. Looked all that up
and the wonky shifting seemed to be associated with the EGR issue. I cleaned it
up but don’t have it back together again to see how it runs now.

Is it throwing any codes?

--R
Sent from iPhone