For a nice SDL, I'd put up with the wannabe rich color (champagne) Though Smoke Silver and burgundy inside are my favorites by for for a 126/124.

That said, Yes, champagne is the absolute worst color for a 126, a leftover from the era where the wannabes (gold chain crowd) "gold" plated everything form tristars to fat rings and even shovey and frod badges. It is the only color of 126 that is outdated.

Scary huh?  I agree with Andrew of merde del gato fame!
Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 7, 2018 at 2:41 PM
We all agree that the color (champagne?) doesn't work. Too bad.