Hehe! Congrats. It probly needs a few mora dem eye tal een tuneups, and maybe new nozzles and GPs. After a few drag races on the road dere wit da rich wite folks, you mebbe can tell ifn it needs new schnozzles or not.

"I love it when a plan works out"  George Peppard, the A team.
Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 7, 2018 at 5:20 PM
I just put the manifold back on this E300 dizzel and took it out for a spin. Wouldn’t get out of first gear no matter what speed/revs. Engine Ran great though. At least I cleaned out the carbon a bit.

Came back home and got out to get the mail and decided to have another go. Got out on the road and stomped it, the thing took off like a rocket and slammed shifts all the way to 70. Fast. Damn! Running fine. LOTS of power. Steering very tight after replacing those bushings. I guess the tranny just needed to get happy or something.

I cleared the codes and restarted everything. It’s still showing 2 codes and the GP light is on so maybe it does have bad plugs. I guess I’ll get a set and have at that, but at least it starts ok and runs well now. It was idling kinda rough, like missing on a cylinder or two every few seconds. But now it is pretty smooth so maybe I just need to run it some and get the injectors and such cleaned out. I think I have some techron in the garage, guess it wouldn’t hurt to dump that in.

I might keep this car for awhile. It’s half decent. Get the AC sorted out for summer, maybe gits summadem cheepcheep New tars fo it. Be stylin.

Man I love it when things work out.

Sent from iPhone