Waytago!

What brand of schnee Gebläse?    (blower)
Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 7, 2018 at 5:20 PM
Big snow... We're predicted 1-2 feet. Fred and Dwight will probably get less.

Some time ago my father-in-law mentioned that the drive on his snowblower wasn't working right. I've got the same model and had revived his when they first got it as a gift from Angie's maternal grandmother. I figured the cable was loose or mice had built a nest in it, both are fairly common problems. What I found surprised even me.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4799/25809325297_dbd1881ef9_k.jpg

Thats the drivewheel, its attached to the output and is driven by a plate thats driven off the engine. The one on the left is the old one, notice how the rubber tire its supposed to have is pretty much gone...

I was pleased we could get a replacement locally today. The whole replacement job took about an hour, a lot of that was just fiddling around not knowing what I was doing. I think if I were to do it again I could probably do it in 15 minutes, the part was $26...

To have it replaced would have been $100 and taken a week or two. I'm thinking maybe I'll proactively replace the one on my snowblower this spring before I put it away for the summer...