So you may remember week ago I left work and I suddenly was in the limp home
mode; 3500 rpm, 55mph third gear only no shifting. Transmission fluid does not
smell burnt but I have a question about level. I ordered a dipstick to check
the transmission fluid level in accordance with this transmission, but when I
put it into check it bottoms out before the handle is seated in the top. Does
that make sense? And when it bottoms out it shows that the level is perfect. So
my question is should the top of the dipstick be in place before the bottom of
the dipstick bottoms out?

Bob R

Sent from my iPhone