We are in a rare solar event this weekend.  The rain will return soon, so I am
scrambling to pack lots of little tasks while I can.

Allen seems to not have parking brakes.  I thought they were there, but the
pedal goes to the floor and the wheels roll with no resistance, so I tried to
adjust the shoes.  No impact spinning the star.  Up on driver/down for
passenger.  Maybe it will visit a shop instead of spending many hours trying to
make the ($**!!*%#%) wee spring to actually hook up.

That led to hooking the working antenna cable to the head unit.  Current wire
was snipped off to splice into an chinese aftermarket antenna.  Had to pull up
carpet, a seat, and dig into the console.  May as well hook the speakers
directly to the radio instead of trying to make the fader work right.  Noise
was only coming out the driver rear speaker with this unit.  Now I can control
media from a touch screen, plucked from PnP for $10, over installing one of the
vintage Grand Prix that would fetch multiples of that investment flogged on
Fleabay.  I am not trying to make this a show car.

While wrestling the driver seat, the power wires to the motors had to be
reseated, as they fell out somehow.  The MBTex seat I installed, came minus the
back, so, I needed to make holes to fit the OE panel.  That done, I had to
liberate the seatbelt dock, as it had become high-centered on a bolt and would
not allow the seat to be re-installed.

I popped the trunk and tested the vacuum pump.  No vac holding, and pump would
not power.  Will need to trace where I have a hole, so will not hook the
replacement  pump to power.  Which somehow flowed to under the hood looking at
the EGR.  That holds vacuum, but will not open.  I pulled out and gave it a
cleaning.  Valve opened by digital manipulation, but not vacuum.  Stuff It!
Put it back, at least it is clean now.

A side trip to the hardware store to secure some Schedule 40 to build a few
stands so I can refinish the Bundt wheels I pulled from PnP.  Many $$$ later I
had a square base with a set of posts along the middle side arms rising to an
apex to hold the rims by the centers of the teepee.  A fast wipe down with
acetone (I cleaned, filled and sanded rims last month) and I was shaking the
rattle cans to prime, paint and clear the backsides of the Bundts.  It will be
warmer in the morrow, so I will tackle the fronts after lunch.

Last task this night was to blast the console switches with contact cleaner on
the off chance they needed it.  At least it could not hurt.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers