Figured out the speaker, and it was just as I suspected.

The crossover capacitor in the smaller high frequency drivers was shorted.  I
clipped one end of it to take it out of the circuit and I now have the large
driver working again.  Probably wasn’t doing the amp any favors running into a
short, either.

Drove the car to work today, a really nice ride.

I’ll probably do the transmission fluid and filter and the spark plugs this
weekend, and that will wind things down.  New windshield on Monday, then all is
well for the most part.

-D