that's a small one only had something like 4 crew members I believe. Once rode on one of the slightly larger ones LCI(L) that ran 4 big diesel engines hooked to two screws. There were originally 5 or 6 of these I believe, that were converted and saw service for a long time as the New York Circle liners that carried tourists around the city. I spent most of the ride in the engine room talking with the guys down there and listening to the engines. This was a 12th grade school trip. Drove the teachers crazy because they couldn't find me. Probably long gone by now.

Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Big band and dances in period clothing are neat too. Not too many people that have their own landing craft and a volunteer army to staff it.

MG via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 29, 2018 at 6:03 PM
Thanks for the link. It has a very nice bunch of equipment there.
SIL not too much into that stuff but I did forward to #1 daughter.

MG