Yes, though this one has a normal V4 four stroke engine. The three cylinder
two stroke engine that needed oil in the gas sounded like a Singer sewing
machine going down the road, smoked out the tailpipe, and had a flat rate
for a complete engine overhaul of 8 hours. The transaxle has a coasting
clutch - when you let off the gas, it de-couples the engine from the tranny
letting you coast. This feature could be locked out for driving down
mountains, etc. Our Sonnett III had the V4 with the cool tranny.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:08 AM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I carpooled with a nutty grad student back in my U of M days who drove one
> of these.  He had to add a liter (pint ?) of oil with each 7 gals of gas,
> IIRC.  Very peppy and iconic, but an evolutionary dead end.  Anyone know
> about these?  Has been bid to over $7k as we speak.
>
> https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-saab-96-v4/?utm_
> source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-04-04

OK Don

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg