These are very cool, but this isn't an early car.  Its probably listed as a
1980 because of the VIN.

1980 cars had a few differences.  For one, the V8s were completely
different.  Different output, redline, etc.  I'm not sure if the M110 got
similar changes, I'd have to look.  Rear end gears were shorter.  The
gauges had a different finish on them.  The AC knob was the dial style.
And the list goes on.   But they changed significantly for 1981, the first
year for US cars.

I had a 1980 380SE that was a great car.  I wish I had kept it.  Someone
parted it out to get that special V8 and abandoned the rest.
http://images.jaimekop.com/2003_05_24_Green_380SE/

Jaime

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Dan--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> Love the interior!!
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-280-SE/
> 323174039378?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
>
> -D

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/