No Benz content question.
2011 Subaru Outback - Cam bolts.
I brought my daughters car in for alignment after my indy replaced tie rod ends
(he can’t do alignments).  Shop calls and says they can’t align it properly
because it doesn’t have any “cam bolts” and it needs new “cam bolts”. I asked
why and he says that it doesn’t have any because of the struts.  I ask to talk
to the tech and he says the cam bolts are worn out and they can’t adjust the
slightly negative camber.  I ask how much and they say 80.00 for parts and
labor plus the original cost of alignment  I say, just adjust as close as you
can with existing “cam bolts”.
I honestly don’t know if it has/had cam bolts or not but it sure sounded like a
scam to me.  Does anyone know for sure if this can be an issue?
Thanks,
Mike