Luther Gulseth wrote:
How long do you crank the engine for each cyl check? The MB manual says 8 compression strokes, and I could count that on the gauge. Should I crank longer?

You can crank longer, but on a good engine (that should reach a plateau after 8 strokes), it shouldn't make much difference (as long as ALL the compression reading were made with the same number of compression strokes) and it would further complicate comparing your results with any standard results.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi